Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Cape Byron


Cape Byron
Originally uploaded by lucie.gray
Well it's part of the visa requirements of all backpackers to head up the east coast so here I am in Byron bay. I set out from Sydney and with some nervousness I boarded the bus for Byron Bay. Everyone I have spoken to loves Byron they all seam to have 'crazy' time here and to be honest I got me a bit worried that it would be a bit like the walkabout during happy hour.

Luckily I was wrong and Byron is a chilled out alternative heaven. My experience may have been more in the hippy style because I have been staying here : http://www.artsfactory.com.au/ A crazy hostel that disbelieves rooms should have four walls and have many tee pees, tents and even a double decker bus to call home for a few nights.

The alternative style has attracted many alternative people who have been the friendliest I have meet so far in Australia. Byron cape itself is made up of the most amazing beaches. It wraps itself around a cape so it has something perfect to offer whatever the weather. The cape itself is home to the most easterly light house in Australia and I decided to hire a bike to take a closer look, it's just a shame that the bike I ended up with had no gears and very little in the way of breaks which made both riding up the hill and down equally interesting.

No comments: